We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Studio Installation

Hi,
I got my new Essential Studio installation with a link to the download page:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version
My question is:
I've already installed this version with an evaluation key, but the license we've bought includes the source code.
Should I reinstall the Essential Studio or is it enough to replace the key with the license manager?

Thanks,
Nimrod

1 Reply

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team May 3, 2012 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Nimrod,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Yes. it is enough to remove the existing evaluation key (v10.1) from the system registry and install the license key for the same version using license manager utility. But in order to locate the respective essential studio version source, you need to install the source add on setup with the main setup key.

Could you please follow the steps mentioned below.

1)Run the 'License Manger' Utility from the location mentioned below

Start ->Syncfusion ->Essential studio x.x.x.x ->Dashboard ->Utilities ->License Management

Or

{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Essential studio version}\Infrastructure\License Manager

Ex : C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.1.0.44\Infrastructure\License Manager

2) Remove the existing evaluation key from the registry using the 'remove' option provided in the "License manager" utility.

3) Click 'Add key' option in License manager utility.

4) Add the license key which you have generated from your support account for the v10.1.0.44, in the 'Please enter key information' option.

5) Click 'Ok'.

6)Download the source add on setup for the v10.1 by logging into your support account in Direct Trac and go to the Product Downloads and Keys page from the Direct Trac customer dashboard. Please use the link below to go to that page.

To Download setup:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads

7)Install the source add on setup with the main setup key for the respective version.

Once you installed the source-add on setup, you can locate the source location from the Dashboard using the “Explore Source” option provided in the Dashboard

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon