We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get selected TabItemExt from TabControlExt.Selected*****

Say I bind a TabControlExt to a collection of say, strings. In this code, I will see the string, but I don't have any way of seeing which TabItemExt is actually selected.

//TabControlExt tabby;
var hmm = tabby.Items[tabby.SelectedIndex];

hmm is a string, but I want to get to the tab item.. so that I can enable edit mode on it.

How can I get the selected TabItemExt?

10 Replies

RK Richard Kubina April 26, 2012 02:20 PM UTC

ActivatedItem is always null too

SN Surya Narayanan G Syncfusion Team April 30, 2012 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have created a simple sample to illustrate getting of Selected TabItemExt which you can download under the following location.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93804/F103396_SelectedTabItemExt-1044805626.zip

In this sample, we have used the ItemContainerGenerator and obtained the TabItemExt using the SelectedItem property of TabcontrolExt.

Please let us know if the sample helps.

Regards,
Surya Narayana

RK Richard Kubina May 14, 2012 05:57 PM UTC

Yes, that helped, thank you.

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team May 15, 2012 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you have any further assitance.

Regards,

Muthalagu

MA Ma-Estro September 16, 2015 12:32 PM UTC

Hi,

the link is broken, can you can share the sample again?

Regards

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team September 17, 2015 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Ma-Estro,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a sample to get the SelectedItem as TabItemExt using ItemContainerGenerator and it can be downloaded from the following link:

Sample : TabControlExt_SelectedItem

Regards,
Jessie

MA Ma-Estro replied to Victory Jessie Selvam D September 17, 2015 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Ma-Estro,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a sample to get the SelectedItem as TabItemExt using ItemContainerGenerator and it can be downloaded from the following link:

Sample : TabControlExt_SelectedItem

Regards,
Jessie

Hello Jessie,

Thanks for the reply.
I edited your example calling the "LabelEditStart" method to put the label of the selected  item in edit mode (see attachment).
However, this does not seem to work. Why?

Attachment: TabControlExt_SelectedItem356665951_Modified_bcb7c148.zip

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team September 18, 2015 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "LabelEditStart is not working" and have logged defect report regarding this. The fix for this issue will be included in our volume 3 main release which will be available by the end of September 2015.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Jessie

MA Ma-Estro replied to Victory Jessie Selvam D October 5, 2015 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "LabelEditStart is not working" and have logged defect report regarding this. The fix for this issue will be included in our volume 3 main release which will be available by the end of September 2015.

Regards,
Jessie

Hi Jessie
I downloaded the volume 3, but the issue "LabelEditStart is not working" has not been fixed.
Can you confirm?

Regards

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team October 6, 2015 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

We have checked the reported issue "LabelEditStart is not working" in version 13.3.0.7 and it is working fine from our side. In the provided sample, label edit has started and completed earlier since the message box receives focus immediately after edit. So we have modified the sample to start label edit after the message box is shown and you can download it from following link:

Sample: TabControlExtSelectedItem_Modified

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon