We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Generating Pivot Tables

Greetings all,

I am looking at migrating our pivot table generation from using the Excel Interop to using the XLSIO library. However, we converted one report and promptly ran into an index out of range error (Which doesn't tell us much).

Trying to figure out what was going on exactly, I created a simple little program to re-create the error. The c-sharp code in in the attachments.

Now, If I set the DefaultVersion of the IApplication to ExcelVersion.Excel97to2003, it fail horrifically. If I change the version to Excel2007 or Excel2010, it works without an issue.

Is this:
1) a bug with my sample program. (I can't think that it is given it works with Excel2007/Excel2010
2) a bug with the XLSIO library?
3) a limitation with the XLSIO library?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cmb..

2 Replies

CB Craig Beuker April 16, 2012 10:48 PM UTC

I guess I should actually include the attachment..

Syncfusion.PivotTable.Test_90ca5aa2.zip

MM Manikandan M Syncfusion Team April 18, 2012 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Craig Beuker,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

We currently do not provide the support for creating the pivot table for Excel 2003 format. We highly regret for the inconvenience.

For more information,please go through our following online link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/Ug_101/Reporting/XlsIO/ASP.NET/default.htm#!Documents/pivottables.htm

Thanks for your detailed update. Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Manikandan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon