We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF to TIFF, Word...

I see that you can convert from TIFF or word files, but can you convert to? Or convert to an image and then convert to TIFF? I saw a post from 2010 saying you were working on converting pdf to jpeg, but I didn't see an update for that. I'd be doing this on a web service, so maybe it's better if I just use a command line converter instead of doing it in C# code.

12 Replies

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team April 23, 2012 04:48 AM UTC

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products,
We can convert the Pdfdocument into Tiff images using PdfViewer control. We have attached the sample for this in the below link and at present we do not have any command line converter to do this.
Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/ExportAsImagesPdfViewer-601098659.zip
Please try this sample at your side and let us know your feedback.
Regards,
Meikandan

DA dan May 7, 2012 06:36 PM UTC

So this can only be done in the pdf viewer control?  I was wanting to do this in the back end using a webservice.  Say someone uploads a pdf file through the webservice, I would then want to also save that file as a pdf.

DA dan May 7, 2012 06:37 PM UTC

sorry save that file as a tiff.

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team May 10, 2012 02:58 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your update,

Yes, we can upload a pdf file through the webservice  and  also we can save that file as Tiff image using PdfViewer. We have created a sample for the mentioned scenario and updated in the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/91834/PDFViewerWebServiceSample-1287451439.zip

Please try this sample at your side and let us know if this suits your requirements.

Regards,

Meikandan

HS Howard Shlom June 29, 2012 06:44 PM UTC

The samples are in Syncfusion 10.
Our major system is still in Syncfusion 9.
Is Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Windows.dll available in Syncfusion 9?
I can't find it on my pc.

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team July 2, 2012 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your update,

The PdfViewer was developed and included only in the product release 9.3.0.61. Could you please provide more information about your product version. If you are using 9.1.0.20, 9.1.0.24, 9.2.0.137 or 9.2.0.138 then the Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Windows.dll will not be available since it is only included in 9.3.0.61 product release.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meikanda Nayanar.I

HS Howard Shlom July 2, 2012 09:07 PM UTC

We have version  9.1.0.20.
Thank you for the info!

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team July 4, 2012 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your update,

As we said earlier, The Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Windows.dll will not be available in product version 9.1.0.20 since it is only included in 9.3.0.61 product release.

Please let us know if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Meikanda Nayanar.I

HS Howard Shlom August 21, 2012 03:02 AM UTC

Can Syncfusion really convert a pdf to a tif in a web app or web service?
In your examples, it looks like a Windows Application is needed.

PDFViewerWebServiceSample -
PdfDocumentView requires a reference to System.Windows.Forms
"using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer" is included in a web service.  Really?

and also in ExportAsImagesPdfViewer -
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer

Do you have working examples for ASP.Net?

Also, in PdfService -
Type 'System.Drawing.Image.FromStream' is not defined. 
- the sample doesn't work correctly.

Thanks!

Howard

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team August 23, 2012 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Howard,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

At present we do not support native support for the PDFViewer in ASP web applications. But it is possible to use the PDF Viewer in the ASP web Application through the Web Service. Please find the sample available in the link below, which depicts the usage of the PDF Viewer to export pages of the PDF document as images in the Web Application using Web Service.

Sample Link: WebApplicationVB.zip

Please try this sample and let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Meikandan

LO localpass July 30, 2013 06:50 AM UTC

i have tried the samples of the pdf viewer control, i think it is a good stuff even without command line. it is also very convenient when you want to convert pdf to various formats and vice versa.

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team August 1, 2013 06:53 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to hear that Syncfusion Pdf Viewer helps you to convert Pdf to various formats and vice versa.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
Meikandan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon