We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MDI menu merge with tabbed MDI manager

[Using 1.6.1.8.] I have an application that displays MDI forms in the tabbed MDI manager. I want to be able to merge the menus of the active MDI child with the main menu. I would prefer to use auto-merging since the types of my child documents aren''t known ahead of time. In one of my child forms, I have created a ChildFrameBarManager, a menu Bar, and a couple of BarItems as a simple test. When my app loads, it loads this child form by default and the child menu is automagically merged with the parent menu. After I close the child form (leaving the MDI manager blank), the main menu reverts to its base state as I would expect. However, the next time I click on a leaf menu item or a toolbar button the program crashes with an access violation (something is trying to read memory at location 0x00000000). My event handler on the BarItem is not being called. I have experiemented with this failure case and have noticed that if the child form merely defines a ChildFrameBarManager with no menu bars or bar items, I can get the same crash after the child window is closed. I feel that I must be missing a simple initialization or configuration step, but neither the sample app nor the docs are helping me determine what it is. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? Thanks, BRU

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 08:58 PM UTC

Hi Bruce, Yes we were able to reproduce the problem when closing a child MDI form with a ChildFrameBarManager with no items. We are looking into this issue and I will update this posting as soon as more information becomes available. Regards Arun

BD Bruce Davis January 30, 2004 11:01 AM UTC

Did you see the same failure when the child menu was populated? Naturally, I''m more interested in that case... :-)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2004 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Bruce, Sorry, It looks like I jumped the gun here as the sample I was testing had some other stuff going on. I am unable to reproduce either of the problems you reported using this sample we created. Can you modify this sample to reproduce the problems? Can you upload this modified sample to Direct Trac by creating a Support Incident? Thanks for your cooperation on this issue. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon