We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding documents to a report as an image not merged

I might be lacking PDF knowledge, but currently we use TIFF files to store merged documents that are scanned in. We want to create reports that will have data, say a grid of current employees that we create with .NET and then show the contents of a couple documents (say an email and a pdf). For example an employee list and email or word document approval saying to hire the person and maybe a pdf of their w2.
Now, I don't want to just merge the documents together, I sort of want to make it a smaller size or in a frame saying from where that document came from like, Page 1 of 2 from Document X.

I'm not sure if you've run into a similar situation. Maybe the watermark and border would be of use. Maybe I should convert them to images and then add the images to the report.

1 Reply

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 5, 2012 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

If you want not to merge the documents but to draw them as images with watermark and border, you can achieve it using the following code snippet:

PdfMargins margins = document.PageSettings.Margins;
SizeF dSize = new SizeF(document.PageSettings.Width - (margins.Left + margins.Right), document.PageSettings.Height - (margins.Top + margins.Bottom));

PdfFont font = new PdfStandardFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 56f);
PdfBrush brush = PdfBrushes.Black;

PdfSection section = document.Sections.Add();
// Top border
PdfPageTemplateElement template1 = new PdfPageTemplateElement(new RectangleF(30, 30, dSize.Width + 20, 5));
template1.Graphics.DrawRectangle(PdfBrushes.Blue, new RectangleF(PointF.Empty, template1.Size));
section.Template.Top = template1;

// Left border
template1 = new PdfPageTemplateElement(new RectangleF(30, 30, 5, dSize.Height + 20));
template1.Graphics.DrawRectangle(PdfBrushes.Blue, new RectangleF(PointF.Empty, template1.Size));
section.Template.Left = template1;

// Bottom border
template1 = new PdfPageTemplateElement(new RectangleF(30, 30 + dSize.Height + 20, dSize.Width + 20, 5));
section.Template.Bottom = template1;

// Right border
template1 = new PdfPageTemplateElement(new RectangleF(30 + dSize.Height + 20, 30, 5, dSize.Height + 20));
section.Template.Right = template1;

// Add page to the section and then draw the contents.
PdfPage page = section.Pages.Add();
SizeF size = page.GetClientSize();
PdfImage image = PdfImage.FromFile(imageFilePath);

PdfLayoutFormat format = new PdfLayoutFormat();
format.Layout = PdfLayoutType.Paginate;
image.Draw(page, PointF.Empty, format);

// Add Watermark in the page.
PdfGraphicsState state = page.Graphics.Save();
page.Graphics.SetTransparency(.2f);
page.Graphics.RotateTransform(-45);
page.Graphics.DrawString("Document 1", font, brush, new PointF(-size.Width / 3, size.Height / 2));
page.Graphics.Restore(state);

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon