We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get the Top Row Index of a Grid Grouping Control

I DO NOT want the TopRowIndex property, I want to know the Row Index where the data starts...
which will be 1 if there are no groups, or captions, but some other number if there are groups, headers, captions, etc...

TopRowIndex only works if the grid is not currently scrolled.

One thing I want to do is SelectAllRows...

The following only works if the grid is not scrolled.
Grid.TableModel.Selections.SelectRange(GridRangeInfo.Rows(Grid.TableControl.TopRowIndex, Grid.TableControl.Model.RowCount), true);

Another thing I need the value for is to Resize the Column Header Row.

1 Reply

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team April 5, 2012 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

To get the RowIndex of first record of each group, please make use of the "QueryCellStyleInfo" event.

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.Column != null && e.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "parentID")
{
for (int i = 0; i < e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentChildTable.Groups.Count; i++)
{
row[i] = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentChildTable.Groups[i].Records[0].GetRowIndex();
}
}
}

To select all the records, you can add the records into "SelectedRecords" collection.

for (int i = 0; i

When you resize the columns, "TableControlResizingColumns" event will be triggered from which you can get the colummn width.

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlResizingColumns(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
int width= e.Inner.Columns.Width;
}

Please refer to the sample in the following link

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/92937/WindowsFormsApplication78 (2)-650776031.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon