We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Edit a row in grid

Hi,

Can someone help me the events req to edit, update a row in the grid control.

When the user selects a edit from the context menu, the rows should be editable

SMitha

6 Replies

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team March 29, 2012 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query #1 “Can someone help me the events req to edit, update a row in the grid control.”

Considering your requirement is about GridGroupingControl, we provide the solution. Your requirement to edit the grid and to hook corresponding event is “DataSourceControlRowUpdating”. Please refer the below code snippet.

[Codebehind – C#]
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// Event Hook
this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSourceControlRowUpdating += new Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventHandler(GridGroupingControl1_DataSourceControlRowUpdating);
}

//Event handler
void GridGroupingControl1_DataSourceControlRowUpdating(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
e.Handled = true;
}

For your convenience, we have created sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/Editing1403998039.zip

Please refer the below link for online sample.
http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/gridgrouping/CRUD%20Operations/EditCellTypes/cs/EditCellType.aspx

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Sridhar N

SM Smitha April 2, 2012 01:45 AM UTC

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you for the solution. But I am not using the grid grouping control,
I am using the grid control. This is achieve excel like functionality. The user can add cells, delete cells, add rows, delete rows, edit rows, select rows

Here's how far I got.
On selecting a cell and right click, the user should be able to add cells. I was able to a context menu for the right click.
But for adding cells functionality, I am not sure how to get the rowindex, colindex of the selected cell.
None of these seem to get the row/colindex
//int currentMouseOverColumn1 = theGrid.GridCellsRange.Left;
//int currentMouseOverRow1 = theGrid.GridCellsRange.Right;
// int currentMouseOverRow = theGrid.CurrentCell.RowIndex;
// int currentMouseOverColumn = theGrid.CurrentCell.ColIndex;

Also, when the user selects a cell, I want the cell to be hightlighted just like in excel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Smitha

SM Smitha April 2, 2012 01:47 AM UTC

Also, the online sample link doesnt seem to be working. It is giving me a runtime, web.config error

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team April 5, 2012 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

Please do let us know which platform you are using either Windows or Web so that we can provide solution accordingly.

Please do let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

SM Smitha April 5, 2012 04:20 PM UTC

Hi Mercy,

I am using windows forms+ grid control, C#

Smitha

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team April 10, 2012 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for your update.

Query 1: You can make use of "CurrentCellStartEditing" event to edit a cell.

Query2: You can insert, delete the rows using "InsertRange()" and "DeleteRange()" methods which is handled in "contextMenuStrip1_ItemClicked" event.

void contextMenuStrip1_ItemClicked(object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
{
row = 0;
col = 0;
this.gridControl1.PointToRowCol(p,out row, out col);
if (e.ClickedItem.ToString() == "Insert")
{
this.gridControl1.Rows.InsertRange(row, 1); //inserts 1 row before selected row
}

if (e.ClickedItem.ToString() == "Delete")
{
this.gridControl1.Rows.RemoveRange(row, row);// deletes the selected row
}
}

Query3 : To Select rows, you can set "AllowSelection" flag to "Row". "AlphaBlendSelectionColor" gives the specified color to the selected row.

this.gridControl1.AllowSelection = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.Row | Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.AlphaBlend;
this.gridControl1.AlphaBlendSelectionColor = Color.Blue;

Query 4: To insert cells and delete cells, we dont have support.

Query 5: To highlight the borders of selected cells, please make use of "CellClick" and "CurrentCellControlLostFocus" events. Set the required border style in "CellClick" event and reset the border in "CurrentCellControlLostFocus" event.

void gridControl1_CellClick(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellClickEventArgs e)
{
style = this.gridControl1[e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex];
style.Borders.All = new GridBorder(GridBorderStyle.Solid, Color.Black, GridBorderWeight.ExtraThin);

if (e.RowIndex >= 1 && e.MouseEventArgs.Button == MouseButtons.Right)
{
this.contextMenuStrip1.Show(this.gridControl1, e.MouseEventArgs.Location);
p = e.MouseEventArgs.Location;
}
}

void gridControl1_CurrentCellControlLostFocus(object sender, ControlEventArgs e)
{
style.Borders.All = new GridBorder(GridBorderStyle.Standard);
}

Please refer to the sample in the following link
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93095/WindowsFormsApplication811573917874.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon