We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl in virtualMode

I am trying to use the GridGroupingControl in virtual mode. I have followed the example in the Engine Optimization Demo.

I am doing the same thing as I am binding to a custom list of objects much like the VirtualList, VirtualItem objects in the example. However my object also has a property that returns a List of objects. When I run my example, I get a null exception. It appears that GetEnumerator() is called on my custom list. I modified the Demo example and added a List of objects on VirtualItem and observed the same error/exception occuring there.

I then implemented an enumerator for my list, so that null is not returned and things seem to work. However, when I do this, the grid goes through all my items in the list, not just the displayed ones. If I have a small list this is okay, but I am dealing with very large lists and this then takes too long and eats up all my memory.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Ha

1 Reply

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team March 27, 2012 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Ha,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It seems that the query you have posted in this forum is same as the query that you have posted in the incident 92489. Please do follow the Direct Trac incident 92489 for details.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon