We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ASP.NET Grid cell updating problem

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102968 Mar 19,2012 05:38 AM Mar 20,2012 07:42 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Erdal Köklü
Asked On March 19, 2012 05:38 AM

I upgraded my Syncfusion from v. 7.2 to v. 10.1 and now my ASP.NET grid behaves somehow strange when I try to update a cell.

I delete the value of a cell, change the value of another cell and try to save it but the old value of the deleted cell appears again after the click of the Save button, the changed value of the other cell is as i changed it(I can see it when I put a breakpoint on the click event). So when i click the save button one cell is updated successfully and the other not. If a breakspace or some other value is put on the deleted cell then it is saved successfully. It seems that an empty cell can not be updated.

My button click event is at the attachment.

This is my aspx side:

ClientObjectId="cellDataGrid" AutoFormat="MAC" BorderCollapse="Separate" CssClass="GridOffice2007Black"
DragSelectionBackColor="Yellow" GroupDropAreaCssClass="GridOffice2007BlackGroupDropArea"
ExcelEditMode="True" DataSourceCachingMode="ViewState" PageSize="-1" CurrentPage="0"
OnDataSourceControlRowAdding="GridControl_DataSourceControlRowAdding" OnDataSourceControlRowDeleting="GridControl_DataSourceControlRowDeleting"
OnDataSourceControlRowUpdating="GridControl_DataSourceControlRowUpdating" ShowGroupDropArea="False"
Width="100%" AutoSaveChildControlChanges="True" Height="360">

ShowCaption="False" />

Thank you in advance!

button_click_event_a06099d4.rar

Ranjithkumar R G [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2012 07:42 AM

Hi Erdal,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

The issue ‘Unable to save empty value in ExcelEdit mode.’ is a known issue already and it has been fixed. We suggest you to create a new incident with your Direct-Trac account , so that we can be able to provide you the patch for the issue.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;