We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Pdf blank in deployment server

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102966 Mar 19,2012 07:11 AM UTC Jun 5,2012 09:47 AM UTC ASP.NET MVC (Classic) 3
Tags: PDF
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 19, 2012 07:11 AM UTC

Hi,

I have been used ut html converter:

PdfPage page = doc.Pages.Add();
string urlToConvert = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ip"];

using (var converter = new HtmlConverter())
{

HtmlToPdfResult result = converter.Convert(urlToConvert + "Home/SelectedDashboardPdfView?ID=" + Session["nDashboardId"].ToString(), ImageType.Metafile,
(int) page.GetClientSize().Width, -1, AspectRatio.KeepWidth);
result.Render(page, new PdfLayoutFormat());
}

However, when i'm deployed the publish codes in our production server the pdf become blank.nothing see in the pdf files.
Please help.we need it ASAP.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2012 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Norazirah,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please send us the following details about server machine so that we can check and get back to you?

1. OS details
2. Bit type (32 or 64 bit)
3. IE version

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

hatallia
Replied On June 5, 2012 08:39 AM UTC

I have exactly the same problem - with the following server configuration: Windows 2008 Server 64bit, IE8. 
I suspect it is a security issue.

Our page is web-authenticated, it is accessible for user who generates PDF. However, without explicit username/password HtmlConverter method generates just blank PDF. I created a new discussion here, but did not get any response.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 5, 2012 09:47 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

As explained in the discussion link, HtmlConverter creates a new instance of webbrowser control when the conversion is initiated and hence it is not possible to make use of default credentials. However, you may work around this in your application as explained in the link below. You may edit the url of the webpage and append it along with credentials.

http://forums.asp.net/p/1092704/1647592.aspx#1647592

Please try this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;