We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Padding within column chart and column width

Hi

I'm trying to increase the width of columns within a column chart but having some problems.

I want to know how to decrease the white space between the walls of the inner chart area and the beginning of the chart columns themselves.

Image 1 of the attached file shows my chart with its default rendering. Image 2 shows what happens when I set the ColumnWidthMode property to "FixedWidthMode" and set the ColumnFixedWidth property to 20. The columns overlap and the first data set is appearing too far to the left.

Can anyoine assist?

Thanks.

Example_fe054628.zip

2 Replies

RL Richard Lythe March 2, 2012 04:27 PM UTC

I forgot to say that the Chart is written in an MVC 3.0 controller.

Thanks.

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team March 6, 2012 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

If your intention is to reduce the gap between column and chart area which was mentioned by you in your last updated screenshot, we suggest you to set range value to X-Axis for reduce the space. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve this,

[C#]

ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Min = ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Min + ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Interval / 2;
ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Max = ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Max - ChartModel.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Interval / 2;

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Note:Please refer the attached screenshot for chart control.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi

ScreenShot_93a97b11.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon