We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to update to axes

Please see the attached screenshot. It took me forever to figure out how to color the gray lines and gray chart background, but I finally got it.

Now, I'd like to
1) add arrows (as mentioned in my last forum post)
2) close the space that is between the primary axis labels and the line at the bottom of the chart
3) make the numbers evenly spaced on the secondary axis. Why is there no zero at the bottom and a 3 jammed at the top? It makes no sense and I can't figure out how to change it effectively.

Thanks.

2-27-2012 5-02-11 PM_dd444639.zip

2 Replies

CP Craig Palenshus February 28, 2012 02:08 PM UTC

In response to my question:
2) close the space that is between the primary axis labels and the line at the bottom of the chart

I figured out if I set the TickSize and the SmallTickSize both to zero, it brings the labels up a little closer to the line. This is acceptable, although not at all intuitive since I have no tick marks showing. I noticed that negative values do nothing, though, and I would hope they would so I could bring the labels up even further.

One other note: a build is required before the changes display in Blend which makes it VERY difficult to experiment with the settings to find out what setting does what.

I'm really stumped on the other 2 questions, though, still, so thank you in advance for researching them.

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team March 7, 2012 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Craig,

Please find the prepared response below

#1 Drawing Arrows at the Axis ends

We would like to inform you that ,based on our current implementation ,this requirement could not be achieved .

#2 Axis label at the edge is being jammed (in this case 3 is close to value 2.8 in secondary axis)

We would like to inform you that this reported scenario has been occurred, due to the Range Padding mode you have been set in your sample application for the secondary Axis. If the Range Padding mode is set to RangePadding.None, then this scenario may be raised ,since the extra normal space being appended will be restricted in this mode.

Regarding the zero not appearing at the start of the axis, we could not able to reproduce the reported scenario ,could you please provide us more details on this, which will help us investigate further.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon