We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAdv serious bug!!!!

Hi,

I'm using version 8.204.0.18 and I have a serious issue with ComboBoxAdv. When I open the combobox and move the mouse over an item that is not selected this item becomes selected. But neither any selection change event is raised and the combobboxadv.text is not updated. So what happens:

In a dropdown I have select year 2012, selecteditem is 2012. Now I move the mouse over 2011 in the list but don't click into the list but aside so that the box just closes. It now still displays 2012, fires no events and selected 2011 internally.

If now I run a function that reads the selected value it will execute in 2011 while the user can see 2012 selected. I immediately need to get rid of this issue this is extremely critical to our customers. How can we fix this?

Regards,
Christian

2 Replies

CR Christian Rattat February 23, 2012 06:50 PM UTC

If I handle the PopupContainer.CloseUp event this way:

void PopupContainer_CloseUp(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PopupClosedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.PopupCloseType == Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PopupCloseType.Deactivated)
{
comboBox.PopupContainer.Update();
comboBox.UpdateText(true);
}
}

The dropdown updates the value, i.e. it still changes the selection as described above without clicking into the dropdown list. The only problem is even then it does not fire any selection change event. Is there a way to make the control raising this event or solve my problem generally?

SG Selva Ganapathy Kathiresan Syncfusion Team February 24, 2012 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

We have update you the patch for the reported issue in Direct-Trac incident I91305.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Selva Ganapathy K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon