We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How do I move a chart legend?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102700 Feb 22,2012 11:25 AM Mar 9,2012 02:34 AM WPF 3
Tags: Chart
Craig Palenshus
Asked On February 22, 2012 11:25 AM

The introduction in the documentation for Essential Chart for WPF says: The position of the legend on the chart area as well as its representation aspects can be customized.

My question is simple. HOW?

By default, the legend is on top of the chart area. I wish to move the legend to the right of the chart area and can't find any property for doing this.

Also, I am using Blend 4.0 and can't even select the legend like users of Visual Studio can. But even in Visual Studio, there doesn't seem to be a way to move the legend.

Baskaran S [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 23, 2012 07:44 AM

Hi Craig Palenshus,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We analyzed your requirement and it can be achieved by setting the SetDock attached property of chart as in below code snippet.

Code snippet:
[C#]

Chart.SetDock(LegendName, ChartDock.Right);

[XAML]

We have also prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please find the sample from the attachment.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Baskaran S

CS_184ba713.zip

Craig Palenshus
Replied On February 23, 2012 09:06 AM

Thanks. I'll look at the sample, but how do you do this in Blend? I really don't want to have to write code (sort of defeats the purpose of Blend). Isn't there a way to select the legend and set the position property to "right"?

Baskaran S [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 9, 2012 02:34 AM

Hi Craig Palenshus,

We have prepared a sample in Blend based on your requirement. And also we have attached the video file for your reference. Please find the sample and video file from the attachment.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Baskaran S

102700_5e79698a.rar

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;