We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Customizations

Hello,

I have a couple questions about diagram customization:

- Once a link between two symbols is created, I can modify e.g. the link's line width. But can I set a default so that the links are by default drawn with linewidth of 5 pixels and color green, e.g. modifying the link tools?

- Before I connect the a link to a symbol there is a small indicator (black rectangle) telling me that I could connect at this point. I have custom ports on my symbol that have quite a dark color so that this rectangle is almost invisible. Can I change the size and color of this rectangles?

- At my custom ports the point where I can link to is only a few pixels of size though my custom port has 30 pixels. Can I change the link recognition area for my ports so that it covers the entire symbol and not just a point in the middle?

- When I select a link tool and want to start a connection the starting port shows the connection recognition area first after I clicked and hold the mouse button down. Is it possible to highlight possible connection points BEFORE a mouse click, i.e. I activate a link tool and when the mouse is over a port it is highlighted without clicking first?

- I'm currently working on a diagram designer for winforms. But later I want to have the same in the webbrowser in addition. If now I create custom symbols, ports and links, will the same be achievable in asp.net version?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

1 Reply

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team February 23, 2012 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1. “Modifying Link Tools”
We suggest you to create a custom connector by inheriting from the base Connector class and modify the LineStyle’s ‘LineWidth’ and ‘LineColor’ property of the custom Connector to achieve your requirement.

Here is the sample with Custom connector:
F102623-342986455.zip

2 & 3. Can I change the size and color of the port indicator rectangles? and
Can I change the link recognition area for my ports so that it covers the entire symbol and not just a point in the middle?

To change Color:
The color of the highlight rectangle drawn around the port is based on the LineColor of that port. We suggest you to change the Port.LineStyle’s ‘LineColor’ property to achieve your requirement. Please refer the below code snippet.

Here is the code:
[C#]
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle rect = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle(100, 50, 100, 70);
diagram1.Model.AppendChild(rect);
//Port
ConnectionPoint cp1 = new ConnectionPoint();
cp1.Position = Position.MiddleLeft;
cp1.ConnectionPointSize= ConnectionPointSize.Large;
cp1.LineStyle.LineColor = Color.Red;
rect.Ports.Add(cp1);

To change size and recognition area of ports:
Currently, the size of the highlight rectangle drawn and the recognition area are calculated based on the default size of the port only. This has been suspected to be a defect. Please create a DT incident for your query so that we can update the patch for this issue.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.
<http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard>

In the interests of maintaining confidentiality, we have a policy of not sharing patches or otherwise proprietary customer specific information in the public Forum.

4. I activate a link tool and when the mouse is over a port it is highlighted without clicking first?

Currently we don’t have support to highlight the port when the Tool’s cursor is move over the mouse. This has been suspected to be a feature. Please create a DT incident for your query so that we can update the patch for this feature.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.
<http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard>

In the interests of maintaining confidentiality, we have a policy of not sharing patches or otherwise proprietary customer specific information in the public Forum.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon