We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataControl in ItemTemplate

Hi,

I want to use the GridDataControl in an items control's item template. However there are problems that i encounter when one of the columns has a cell type of DataBoundTemplate. The other columns wont show its edit mode (textbox is not rendered for CellType TextBox).

This occurs for Grids with a lot of items, in my example it contains a hundred items. I attached the example.

As an additional issue, i also noticed that the GridDataControl's virtualization is not working when i put it in the itemtemplate. It renders all the templated content (cells with type of databoundtemplate). While in your DataBoundTemplate example it is successfully virtualized. Should I not use the GridDataControl in an itemtemplate?

My example has an items control with 3 grids in it. 2 columns per grid, one is an icon column (databoundtemplate) and the other is a plain text column. none of grids show the text box when a cell goes into edit mode.

my version is 9.4.

GridVirtualization_4dc59ee6.zip

7 Replies

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team February 16, 2012 04:21 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.
We have analyzed the reported issue and we are able to reproduce the issue in our 9.4V also this issue has been fixed in 10.1 V. So can you please upgrade to our 10.1 version.

Please let us know if this helps.
Thanks,
Ramesh

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team February 16, 2012 10:15 AM UTC

Hi,

Please let us know if you need patch for this issue in 9.4 V.

Thanks,
Ramesh

RF Rich Fabros February 16, 2012 07:49 PM UTC

Okay. Can I get a patch for 9.4? and how will we receive and apply the patch?

Thanks!

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team February 21, 2012 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Rich,
Thanks for your update.
If you need patch for this issue then you have to create an incident to report this issue after that we will update you the patch.
Thanks,
Ramesh

RF Rich Fabros February 29, 2012 03:03 PM UTC

Ramesh,

I tried the v10.1. But the visuals of the 2nd and third grid is still weird. It won't visually reflect the edit mode of the second and third grid in the itemscontrol. I filed an incident for this.

Does the grid not work well at all with an items control? Is there a preferred panel to contain the grid?

Thanks,
Rich

GridVirtualization (2)_9931599c.zip

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team March 7, 2012 02:26 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delay caused.
We are not able to get our requirements clearly, Can you please let me know your requirements in detail?

Thanks,
Ramesh

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team March 7, 2012 02:27 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delay caused.
We are not able to get our requirements clearly, Can you please let me know your requirements in detail?

Thanks,
Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon