We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

how to show AutoComplete box in GridDataBoundGrid Filterbar

How can i show AutoComplete box in GridDataBoundGrid Filterbar.
I have tried the following code which is not showing any affect.

GridStyleInfo style = new GridStyleInfo(); style.ModifyStyle(this.BaseStylesMap["Header"].StyleInfo, StyleModifyType.Copy);
style.CellType = "ComboBox";
style.ExclusiveChoiceList = true;
style.BaseStyle = "Standard";
style.Font.Bold = false;
style.BackColor = this.TableStyle.BackColor;
style.Borders.Bottom = new GridBorder(GridBorderStyle.Dashed);
style.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Editable;
_filter.WireGrid(this, style);
_rowHeaderCount++;

Can you guys please suggest me a way to change the dropdown in the filterbar to Autocomplete box

8 Replies

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team February 14, 2012 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Plotnikova,

Thanks for the update.

It is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing the sample. We have searched our support database for any such similar issues, and found no similar issues found.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

Thanks for providing additional information any.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team February 15, 2012 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Venkatesh,

Please ignore our previuos update.

Please make use of folliwng code to achieve the reported behavior.

GridFilterBar filter = new GridFilterBar();
filter.WireGrid(this.gridDataBoundGrid1);
filter.StyleInfo.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete;

Please let us knowm if this helps.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

VE venkatesh February 15, 2012 04:27 PM UTC

Hello Asarudheen,

Thanks for your reply.

The solution you have suggested will turn all columns in Flterbar to auto complete but i have to do it for one specific column.

Here is my requirement.

My grid got more than 15 columns.. out of 15 columns filters i have to change one columns filter to auto complete... rest 14 filters in filter bar should behave like normal dropdown(combobox).

VE venkatesh February 17, 2012 11:04 AM UTC

Hi,

Setting "filter.StyleInfo.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete;" is not showing any affect.
what i have noticed while debugging is "GridComboBoxCellRenderer" StyleInfo.DropDownStyle is always showing as "Exclusive" and i am not able to change it to "Editable" or "AutoComplete"

While debugging Filterbar Styleinfo is showing as AutoComplete but not working as auto complete.. i think this is something i have do with GridComboBoxCellRenderer style...

It is important for me to Change a column in the filter bar to editable or autocomplete...

Cheers,

MC Mercy C Syncfusion Team February 29, 2012 12:09 PM UTC

Hi venkatesh,

You cannot have autocomplete for one particular column in GridDataBoundGrid as GridDataBoundGrid is wired within a filterbar.
But you can have filter bar as per your requirement in GridGroupingControl.

Please refer to the sample in the following link
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/91426/I62438-502677779.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Mercy.C

I62438_27c1d021.zip

VE venkatesh May 17, 2012 11:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Setting "filter.StyleInfo.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete;" is not showing any affect. 
what i have noticed while debugging is "GridComboBoxCellRenderer" StyleInfo.DropDownStyle is always showing as "Exclusive" and i am not able to change it to "Editable" or "AutoComplete"

While debugging Filterbar Styleinfo is showing as AutoComplete but not working as auto complete..

VE venkatesh May 17, 2012 11:48 AM UTC

Hi,

While debugging Filterbar Styleinfo is showing as AutoComplete but not working as auto complete..

RB Ragamathulla B Syncfusion Team May 18, 2012 03:38 AM UTC

Hi Plotnikova,

Thanks for the update.

I would request you please provide your version details and also it is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing the sample. We have searched our support database for any such similar issues, and found no similar issues found.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

Thanks for providing additional information any.

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon