We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Checking Items Programmatically in the ComboBoxAdv Control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

102524 Feb 6,2012 08:17 PM UTC Mar 19,2012 11:17 AM UTC Silverlight 3
Tags: Tools
Kevin Anderson
Asked On February 6, 2012 08:17 PM UTC

I am trying to programmatically save selected items within a ComboBoxAdv control to a database table as well as select those items that are listed in a ComboxBoxAdv control after items have been retrieved from the database. Do you have any examples where I can traverse through the listing in the ComboBoxAdv and select only the items I want checked as well as collecting the items that the user selects when it is time to save to the database?

Surya Narayanan G [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 20, 2012 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have created a sample to illustrate populating items in ComboBoxAdv from the DataBase and storing the SelectedItems in the Database which you can download below.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/89588/F102524_ComboBoxDB-845047028.zip

In this sample, we have used the Test DataBase contains Employee Table with data’s. Initially while loading the page we select the items which contains “S” in the Employee Name and selected in ComboBoxAdv using SelectedItems Property. After Custom Selection, we update the IsSelected value in Employee Table to “1” for selected Items by clicking Update SelectedItemTable button.

Please let us know if the sample helps.

Regards,
Surya Narayana

Kevin Anderson
Replied On March 13, 2012 08:58 PM UTC

Thanks so very much for the sample. I am able to save to the database and retrieve the collection of selected items from the database. However, I am still having trouble checking the selected items that are in the ComboBox that are within the SelectedItems collections. Your example passes the result (e.Result) to the SelectedItems property, but the items are not checked in the ComboBox. What do I have to do in order to have those items checked when I retrieve the data from the database?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Surya Narayanan G [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 19, 2012 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

We are not able to reproduce the Items not selected in the ComboBoxAdv from the earlier provided sample and you can download the video under the following location.

Video Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/92299/ComboBoxItemsSelected12273644.zip

When we bind the collection values to SelectedItems property of ComboBoxAdv, those collection values will be selected in the ComboBoxAdv. It would be more helpful to us if provide more information on this like Syncfusion version used , detailed replication steps or any video illustrating this issue so that we could analyze further.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Regards,
Surya Narayana

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;