We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merge Syncfusion Javascript Files

Hi,

Syncfusion controls add many javascript links to my page. The downside: Very long loading times of the pages.

I really need a solution to merge these referenes together with my own javascript files (which I already merge and minify with standard Script Manager).

Thank you for any hint.

M.

13 Replies

MM Matthias Max February 6, 2012 08:51 AM UTC

Anyone?

MM Matthias Max February 6, 2012 09:07 AM UTC

Also SF is adding a jquery version 1.4.2 in the body although I have a jQuery version added to the page anyway. How can I prevent SF from doing this?

Thanks.

ME Meena Syncfusion Team February 7, 2012 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

*Query1:

Your requirement of merging the Syncfusion javascript files together with your javascript file is not possible. Instead we suggest you to minify the syncfusion javascripts. Please refer the below code snippet.

[Site.Master]
<%=Html.Syncfusion().ScriptManager().Minify(true)%>

Using the above code, we can minify all the Syncfusion JS files which will reduce the loading time considerably.

*Query2:

Also SF is adding a jquery version 1.4.2 in the body although I have a jQuery version added to the page anyway. How can I prevent SF from doing this?

The query is not clear. Kindly provide the requirements in detail.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Meena

MM Matthias Max February 7, 2012 07:46 AM UTC

Hi,

Query 1: I rather would combine them instead of minify. How is this possible? To combine all the SYNCFUSION files into one?

Query 2: I'm saying that Syncfusion controls are adding their own version of jQuery 1.4.2 although I have one linked already in the header of my page.

Basically I want to reduce http request and by minifying the files this is not possible. I need to combine files. In total I have over 20 js links generated from Syncfusion! That is not really what today pages are about I believe.

Thank you.

MM Matthias Max February 7, 2012 08:34 AM UTC

Is the "combine" feature available in the 2012 release?

ME Meena Syncfusion Team February 10, 2012 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have a plan for the implementation of combining the Syncfusion javascript files together in a single JS file. We will implement this feature in any of our releases. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Meena

MM Matthias Max February 13, 2012 11:13 AM UTC

Hi, thanks for the info.

What about Query 2?

Thank you

ME Meena Syncfusion Team February 13, 2012 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly ignore the previous update.

*Query1: I rather would combine them instead of minify. How is this possible? To combine all the SYNCFUSION files into one?

Our ScriptManager is capable of merging all javascript files together into a single file while loading. This is the default behavior of our ScriptManager. We are not able to merge the third party javascript files (JQuery, MicrosoftAjax, etc) into a single file using Syncfusion ScriptManager. This has been confirmed as a feature request. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.

Please refer the below link for more details:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/tools/Documents/addingscriptmanager.htm

*Query2: I am saying that Syncfusion controls are adding their own version of jQuery 1.4.2 although I have one linked already in the header of my page.

This also has been confirmed as a feature request. We have logged this feature in our database, we will implement this in any of our upcoming releases. Once the feature is implemented, you can use any jquery version JS file.

We will get back to you once the features are implemented.

Hope this answers your question. If you need any other clarifications, please let us know.

Regards,
Meena

MM Matthias Max September 5, 2012 09:35 AM UTC

Hi, is this implemented in VOlume3?

THanks

ME Meena Syncfusion Team September 6, 2012 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The above mentioned feature is not implemented in Volume 3. We will implement this feature in our upcoming releases. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Regards,

Meena

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 11, 2012 06:22 PM UTC

Hi Matthias,

We regret for the delay in implementing the 2 changes you have requested. Both requests are important for our products and we will consider implementing in our upcoming 2012 Volume 4 release (November 2012).

Thanks,

Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2013 04:32 PM UTC

Hello, is Query 2 feature included in VOl. 4?

Thank you

ME Meena Syncfusion Team March 21, 2013 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Regarding query 2, could you please explain where the jquery 1.4.2 script is loading in your application? Because, we are not loading any default jquery script from our source. It will be loaded from sample only, we can have any version of jquery script in sample application.  So, kindly provide more details on your requirement.

Regards,

Meena

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon