We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Per-record hierarchies

I am trying to find head or tails in the new grouping engine and would like to know if the GroupingControl supports different relations for each record. That is - one row has a child table with one set of columns and another row has a child table with another set of columns. In the DataboundGrid this is not possible - you cannot have one hierarchilevel per record - all records share the same hierarchy information.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2004 01:25 AM UTC

Hi Morten, this is at the moment not supported (and will also not make it for 2.0). The current version only supports relations between tables and thus every record having the same set of columns. The architecture of the engine was done with future support for this in mind. We have not worked on the details yet, but it is a scenario that we want to support sometime later. Thank you for your interest! Stefan Hoenig

MB Morten Bach Møller January 28, 2004 03:43 AM UTC

I see that you can have multiple relations per record - although each record must have the same relations. Can I workaround by hiding child-table groups that are not valid for the current record ? Say I have n records and each record have a child-table with a different schema. Can I now specify n relations for the table and then for row i only show the i''th relation in the Grouping control?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2004 03:54 AM UTC

To make it more clear what I have in mind check out http://www.syncfusion.com/products/grid/features/grid_feat_4.aspx Here records have three child tables - categories, products and orderdetails. Say that for one record only the categories child table must be visible, for the next only the products must be visible and for the third only the orderdetails. Can this be done?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon