We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataControl datatemplate response

Hi,

I've got another question.See attached zip file, there's also an image there of the issue i've been encountering.

I have a GridDataControl where all the columns are unbound and templated. The template is just a textbox.

I encounter a problem where the textboxes from the template become unresponsive (no visual response from keydown) when dealing with a big grid. The sample project i attached is enough to replicate what i've encountered in my main app.

To replicate:
Run the sample and wait for the grid to get bigger, it only has blank textboxes. When it gets big about 60+ rows try scrolling up and down, and then resizing. at some point the textboxes will have no response from input (typing into them).
(see image file inside the zip for grid size reference).

The workaround is resizing the window small enough, and input will be back.. however i need the grid to work when maximized.

GridTemplateTest_c5f18dd3.zip

3 Replies

RF Rich Fabros January 31, 2012 10:37 PM UTC

I'd like to clarify. The textboxes are meant to be blank, the lack of response from typing into them when the grid gets large is the problem.

RF Rich Fabros February 1, 2012 12:37 AM UTC

Also, the main reason why i'm asking this is that we plan to put in some fancy custom controls in the cells and we're wondering about performance impact, issues, etc.

RA Rajasekar Syncfusion Team February 9, 2012 02:09 PM UTC

HI Rich,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have modified the sample and it works fine now. Actually it’s not a bug with Syncfusion WPF GridControl. In Syncfusion Window Grid, The grid just does a WindowScroll and then just repaints the single new row that is exposed. This is done in the tight loop in the new thread. So, each time through the loop a single row is repainted (with the rest of the window just being shifted up by the Win32 WindowScroll). Since there is only one row being repainted, this work is completed quickly enough not to bug down the CPU in the tight loop.
But with WPF, the whole grid gets repainted each time through the loop. This means the WPF code is pegging the CPU, and this is the reason for the poor results.
The modified sample that work is done on the UI thread using Begin Invokes to queue up handling the next add. Doing this will allow the UI to remain responsive.

Sample can be downloaded from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/89398/WpfApplication11870670475.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon