We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Context List

Hi
I'm currently evaluating the Edit Control and have a few issues that I can't get working.

I need to invoke the context menu in accordance with the typed keyword. I get it to invoke on "." and on ":" but I need to invoke it on "::" and "."

The second problem is that I need to populate the context menu based on the keyword that was used

eg. Car.Engine.Start(int Key)
Car.Body.Suspension.Shock(string Make)
Car::Starter(bool ON)

I have been struggleling with this for a while now and can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Danie

3 Replies

AA Arun A Syncfusion Team January 31, 2012 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Danie,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

The following code snippet would help you in achieving your requirement,

For more details about the contextchoice in EditControl,please refer the following links.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_92/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Edit/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F466222contextchoice.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Arun

DD Danie de Beer January 31, 2012 09:09 AM UTC

I'm using the Intellisense from XML sample as basis for my script language and api. I have added the DropContextChoiceList="true" to the the operator "::" but it does not fire the editControl1_ContextChoiceBeforeOpen event but if I add it for ":" then it works as expected. Any ideas?

SG Selva Ganapathy Kathiresan Syncfusion Team February 6, 2012 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Danie,

Thanks for the patience,

I have created a sample to meet your requirement. Kindly have the sample from the following link

[Sample Link]
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/90367/AppEDIT-465942005.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns

Regards,

Selva Ganapathy K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon