We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using GridFilterbar with keyboard

Hi, I am facing a problem to use the filterbar wired with a databound grid using keyboard. I have many controls in my form, one of which is a Data bound grid control, which has a filter bar. Tabing into the grid, gives focus to it and then I can use the arrow keys to navigate among the rows, except the filter bar. I need to use the filtering option using the keyboard only and with out clicking the filterbar. Once I click on it and then arrow keys will help me to navigate across cells and F4 will bring up the popup and then RETURN key will help me selecting a filter option. I need to do the same without clicking on the filter bar. Is there any option for that. Any help is highly appreciated. thanks in advance, Bidin

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2004 04:57 PM UTC

Try handling the QueryNextCurrentCell event, and explicitly setting it there.
private void gridDataBoundGrid1_QueryNextCurrentCellPosition(object sender, GridQueryNextCurrentCellPositionEventArgs e)
{
	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
	if(cc.RowIndex == this.gridDataBoundGrid1.TopRowIndex && e.Direction == GridDirectionType.Up)
	{
		cc.MoveTo(1, e.ColIndex);
		e.Handled = true;
		e.Result = true;
	}
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2004 06:43 PM UTC

Your solution worked perfect. Thank you, Bidin >Try handling the QueryNextCurrentCell event, and explicitly setting it there. >
>private void gridDataBoundGrid1_QueryNextCurrentCellPosition(object sender, GridQueryNextCurrentCellPositionEventArgs e)
>{
>	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
>	if(cc.RowIndex == this.gridDataBoundGrid1.TopRowIndex && e.Direction == GridDirectionType.Up)
>	{
>		cc.MoveTo(1, e.ColIndex);
>		e.Handled = true;
>		e.Result = true;
>	}
>}
>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon