We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Need help in saving line connectors

Hi,
I am writing my own logic to save the line connectors in xml file.
I have attach snap shot of line connector.My aim is to save those properties of line connector in xml file which help me to redraw the exact shape of line when I reload the xml file.
Looking for a positive response from your side.

LineConnector_d993cb25.rar

5 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team January 30, 2012 08:02 AM UTC

Hi Nadeem,

With regards to save line connectors, we have provided a support to save and Load the Diagram using save and load method of the DiagramControl. we have created a simple sample to represent your requirement. Please refer to the sample and video from the attachment.

For more details about Save and Load the Diagram, please refer to our online help documentation.
link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/User%20Interface/WPF/Diagram/Documents/481savediagrampage.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ramya

saveandLoad_b5558c00.zip

NA nadeem January 31, 2012 06:00 AM UTC

Below is the previous conversation.The solution send to me did'nt serve my purpose.I said i need to build my custom XML file that contain connectors tag like .I don't want to use SAVE() method because it save all those thing that i did'nt need it.Kindly guide me those properties of LineConnectors that help to to redraw the exact shape of line(Line in any shape bend or straight).

nadeem at 1/25/2012 8:52:36 AM
Hi,
I have attach snap shot of line connector.My aim is to save those properties of line connector in xml file which help me to redraw the exact shape of line when I reload the xml file.

Ramya Thirugnanam[Syncfusion] at 1/30/2012 3:02:32 AM
Hi Nadeem,

With regards to save line connectors, we have provided a support to save and Load the Diagram using save and load method of the DiagramControl. we have created a simple sample to represent your requirement. Please refer to the sample and video from the attachment.

For more details about Save and Load the Diagram, please refer to our online help documentation.
link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/User%20Interface/WPF/Diagram/Documents/481savediagrampage.htm

Regards,
Ramya

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team January 31, 2012 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Nadeem,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please ignore the previous update and consider the new one.

With regards to save line connectors, We have created a simple sample to save the LineConnector using XamlWriter. Please refer to the sample from the attachment.

sample Details:
In that sample, the click made in the button(named as ”save”) serialize the LineConnector(selected Lineconnector) and save it into xaml file.

Regards,
Ramya

CustomLineConnector_d4e768f8.zip

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 2, 2012 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Nadeem,

In our previous update, we have used the XamlWriter method to serialize(save) the LineConnector. Now, we have created a sample to represent the save and Load the LineConnector into Diagram. Please refer to the sample and video from the Attachment.

Sample Details:
In that sample, We have used the Custom class(named as “Custom Line”) for Serialization which holds the Details of the LineConnector(“selected LineConnector”). While Loading ,We have created similar LineConnector using desterilized Data. For Retrieving the IntermediatePoints of the LineConnector, we have used the Custom Class called(named as “ContentStatePersistence”).For getting the StartPointPosition and EndPointPosition of LineConnector ,we have used the ConnectorPathGeometry of the LineConnector.

Regards,
Ramya

CustomLineConnector_e00ebe2a.zip

VI Vijay replied to nadeem March 18, 2018 08:08 AM UTC

Below is the previous conversation.The solution send to me did'nt serve my purpose.I said i need to build my custom XML file that contain connectors tag like .I don't want to use SAVE() method because it save all those thing that i did'nt need it.Kindly guide me those properties of LineConnectors that help to to redraw the exact shape of line(Line in any shape bend or straight).

nadeem at 1/25/2012 8:52:36 AM
Hi,

Ramya Thirugnanam[Syncfusion] at 1/30/2012 3:02:32 AM
Hi Nadeem,

Regards,
Ramya

hi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon