We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filtering not working on some systems !

Hi,

I use version 7.20, the filtering and paging properties of grid are not working on some systems. It is working on some both 32bit and 64bit systems, but not working on some 32 bits and 64bits.

What can be the solution for this problem?

In addition to this, is there a way to reach the filter cell text?

I also attached example code for grid.
Thanks for your help...

MainTable_410b659c.rar

3 Replies

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team January 24, 2012 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Erdal,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query #1 "I use version 7.20, the filtering and paging properties of grid are not working on some systems"

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

FilterTetx-924636159.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution.The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Query #2 "In addition to this, is there a way to reach the filter cell text?"

Your requirement to find the filter text can be achieved by handling FilterTextChanged event. You can get the filter text in the event args.Please refer the below code snippet.

[Codebehind - C#]

this.mainGridControl.FilterTextChanged += new EventHandler(mainGridControl_FilterTextChanged);

void mainGridControl_FilterTextChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.FilterTextChangedEventArgs e)
{
string filtertext = e.FilterString;
}

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Sridhar N

EK Erdal Köklü January 27, 2012 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your attention.

Second answer is working fine.

For the first one, I've tried your example. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, and I couldn't find the reason. In your example code, only filtering is not working on my system. Paging, ordering and also NoFilter selection is working. But all properties are working on others without any change on code. I added a video.

Does Grid need any other software requirement to be used?

filtering_1be83f1.rar

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team January 31, 2012 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Erdal,

Thanks for your update.

Query #1 ", it doesn't work, and I couldn't find the reason. In your example code, only filtering is not working on my system. Paging, ordering and also NoFilter selection is working. "

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a video demonstrating the working of sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

Sample link:
FilterTetx-155611750.zip

Video link:
filtering1747799574.zip

We suspect that the issue may be due to some patch provided. Could you please provide more information .The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Sridhar N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon