We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - AllowFilter - Custom filter option error

Hi,
I am using GridGroupingContol of 9.403.0.62 version. I have
the showfilterbar="true" and allowfilter="true" properties to display the filters on the grid columns.

In the filter drop down there is an item called "Custom" to have
advanced custom filter. When i select Custom the popup window "Filter Condition Dialog box" is opened but in the "Column Name"
section there are no columns available.

Javascript error is showing.

This is happening with IE. In Firefox i can see all the columns and the functionality is working fine.

Am i missing something w.r.t IE/javascript files.

Regards,
Vijay

8 Replies

VJ Vijay Jayaraj January 6, 2012 11:10 AM UTC

After digging the source code of the html page , i found that
document.getElementById('FDLessThanOrEqualTo') is having null.

So the javascript exception is occuring and not loading all the
filter conditions in the Filter Condition Dialog of the custom search.

How can i edit this javascript code, this is happening in IE.
In firefox its working fine.

-Vijay

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team January 9, 2012 04:48 AM UTC

Hi Vijay,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We were unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared the video demonstrating the working of the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

Sample Link:

Sample225271578.zip

Video Link:

Video-293752888.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution.

The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Eswari.S

VJ Vijay Jayaraj January 11, 2012 08:12 AM UTC

Hello,

There is a problem in the custom filter javascript code.

This below line is giving error which is present in the javascript function fnRun().
document.getElementById('FDLessThanOrEqualTo').innerHTML = m_oGrid.localizedstrings.filterlessthanorequalto;

Because of this error PopulateColumnNames() method is not geting invoked and custom filter is not working.

Let me know in which .js file this function is present. I have tried overriding this function also on the onload event of html body. But it did not resolve the issue.

Let me the file location in the syncfusion installation folder, so that i can fix the issue quickly.

Quick response is appreciated. Thanks

Regs
Vijay

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team January 17, 2012 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your update.

The issue 'FDLessThanOrEqualTo is null in IE' is a known issue and it has been fixed already. We would like to create a new incident in Direct Trac from your account so that we would be able to give you the patch .

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

VJ Vijay Jayaraj January 23, 2012 08:50 AM UTC

Hello Ranjith,

Thanks for the update. When can i get the patch? i have very urgent release shortly. I request you provide the patch as soon as possible.

Thanks for your support.

- Vijay

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team January 23, 2012 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your update.

You can login to your Direct Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

We can only provide the patch setup through Directtrac incident ,so could you please create the incident in your direct trac account.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Eswari.S

VJ Vijay Jayaraj February 2, 2012 07:27 AM UTC

Hi,

The custom filter is not returning the records properly
So i would like to remove that option from the dropdown list.

Could you please help me in removing that "Custom" item from
the dropdown list of filters.

Thanks.

- Vijay

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 9, 2012 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the update.

Query #1 "Could you please help me in removing that "Custom" item from the dropdown list of filters"

Your requirement can be achieved by removing the custom from the dropdown using script. Please refer the below code snippet.

[Javascript]

Sys.Application.add_load(PageLoad)
function PageLoad()
{
//remove the custom option from the dropdown
$($("tr.GridOffice2007BlueFilterBarCell")[0]).find("option[value*=Custom]").remove();
}

For your convenience, we have prepared a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/90427/CustomFilter-1750445541.zip

Please try the above sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon