We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel sheet calculation on the fly

Hi,

I have read a sample on Syncfusion and realized that XlsIO is capable to re-calculate the formulas on the worksheet by the IWorkSheet.EnableSheetCalculations().However, I cannot find this method in IWorksheet of my Syncfusion library. The Syncfusion version I am using is 8.403.0.10. Can you please advise how can I activate the calculation?

Thanks,
Michael

5 Replies

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team January 4, 2012 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential XlsIO includes support for enabling the calculations of Essential Calculate supported formulas that are added at runtime to the worksheet.

The computed value will be set to the “CalculatedValue” property associated to the “IRange” object.

The following code snippet illustrates how to enable the sheet formula calculations.

[C#]

IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
//Formula calculation is enabled for the sheet.
sheet.EnableSheetCalculations();
string computedValue = sheet.Range["C1"].CalculatedValue;

Please go through the following online documentation link for more details.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/Reporting/XlsIO/ASP.NET/index.htm

Please try the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Regards,
Manojkumar

Calculation_249fdf29.zip

MT Michael Tse January 6, 2012 02:57 AM UTC

I am using Syncfusion version 8.403.0.10.
In this version, seems the IWoksheet interface has no EnableSheetCalculations method and IRange interface has no CalculatedValue property. Can you please advise how can I do this in version 8?

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team January 6, 2012 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The reported version 8.403.0.10 is almost 5 versions back and we do not have the implementation of EnableSheetCalculation method. So we strongly recommend you to upgrade your essential studio version to our latest version. We provided the latest version download link for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/101390/Essential-Studio-2011-Volume-4-Final-Release-v94062-available-for-download

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Regards,
Manojkumar.

MT Michael Tse February 24, 2012 07:14 AM UTC

Thank you.

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team February 29, 2012 03:35 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Regards,
Manojkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon