We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to access TabItemlExt from the DockingManager

I got the email from the Syncfusion support which is:

We have fixed all the memory leak issues which are related to TabControlExt. Now once the TabItems have been removed from the TabControlExt, it won’t be alive in the memory.

As we told earlier Close,CloseAll,CloseAllButThis will not remove the Items from the TabControlExt. Hence you should remove the Items in the CloseButtonClick, CloseAllTabsClick, CloseOtherTabsClick events. So it will get removed from the Memory in the close clicks.

We always recommend the Memory profiler is the best approach for the Memory leak problems instead of TaskManager. We have fixed the leaks based on the ANTS profiler.

Moreover we tested the memory leak problems for the MS TabControl with the TaskManager . We just added and removed the TabItems dynamically. But task manager does not any differences even with the MS TabControl. It always increases the memory when the TabItems are getting added to the TabControl. Please refer the below link for the Memory leak problem with the TabControl.

The question is : How can I access the TabControlExt or TabItemExt in the DockingManager? I need to call dispose of TabItemEx to resolve the Memory leak problem. Thanks for help!

1 Reply

DC David C Syncfusion Team January 9, 2012 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Vishal,

This query is same as in the incident 87575. So you can refer the incident 87575 for the answer of this query. If you have still any more doubts regarding this you can feel free to ask in the incident.

Regards,
David C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon