We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to upgrade syncfusion old version(6.xx) to new version in ASP.NET project?

Hi,

Please let me know if this is not the right place to post this question.

I am using syncfusion in my ASP.NET project to parse word document to text,pdf,html. I am facing some issues with the parsing of word document to the other formats as specified. My current version is 6.303.0.30.

dll's used for the project are
Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Core.dll
Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll

HOw can i upgrade the syncfusion to use the latest version of syncfusion? I am little doubtful to download which suite to use for this purpose. Can anyone please let me know how can i update the syncfusion in my project?

7 Replies

NI Nimesh December 19, 2011 04:09 AM UTC

any updates on this?

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team December 19, 2011 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Nimi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Please find my response for your queries.

Q)How can i upgrade the syncfusion to use the latest version of syncfusion? I am little doubtful to download which suite to use for this purpose. Can anyone please let me know how can i update the syncfusion in my project?

A)We have a project migration tool in our latest version(9.4.0.62) which is used to migrate project from one version to another version. Please download our latest version(9.4.0.62) to upgrade your projects to the latest version.

Please find the project Migration tool from the below location:

Start->All programs->Syncfusion->Essential studio 9.4.0.62->Tools->Project Migration-> Syncfusion Project Migration

Or

You can find the utility from the below installed location.

{Installed location}\ Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ {Essential Studio version}\Utilities\Project Migration\ProjectMigrationWindows.exe

For ex:

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.4.0.62\Utilities\ProjectMigration\ProjectMigrationWindows.exe

If you want to manually upgrade project from one version to another version, then please follow the below KB article.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2137

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

NI Nimesh January 2, 2012 10:45 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply.

The current version that we are using for our project is 6.303.0.30
I have downloaded latest version of syncfusion and installed in the location C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.4.0.62

I could see some dll's
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.4.0.62\Assemblies\3.5
in the specified folder. I have copied and replaced the old version with the new version.

After this, i got some errors in my methods.
Please find my sample code below:

protected virtual void addTable(IWTable table)
{
if (table != null)
{

foreach (WTableRow row in table.Rows)
{

foreach (WTableCell cell in row.Cells)
{

for (int i = 0; i < cell.Count; i++)
{
object foo = cell[i];
IWParagraphCollection paragraphs = cell[i] as IWParagraphCollection;
IWParagraph paragraph = cell[i] as IWParagraph;
WTable subTable = cell[i] as WTable;
if (paragraphs != null)
addTextParagraphs(paragraphs);
if (paragraph != null)
addTextParagraph(paragraph);
else if (subTable != null)
addTable(subTable);
}

}

}

}
}

I am getting compilation error here in this line

for (int i = 0; i < cell.Count; i++)

I have tried using ProjecMigrationTool as well. There's something called Essential Studio version. as my current version is 6.303.0.30, i gave that in the textbox field, then its giving an error besides the textbox -> *Ex. 8.3.0.21

Please let me know if you need more clarifications on this.

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team January 4, 2012 05:49 PM UTC

Hi Nimi,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please share the below details with us.

1)Error details as screenshot.

2)Sample project in which the reported error has been reproduced.

For Project Migration tool, Could you please check it once again by selecting the source project,setup version and the targeted framework.

As we mentioned in our earlier updates,If you wish you may manually upgrade project from one version to another version by following the KB article.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

NI Nimesh January 5, 2012 10:10 AM UTC

I have fixed the error and is working fine now. But one my issue with the word file is not yet resolved. Resume Created with MS Word for Mac Cannot be Parsed, its giving error "Stream position is too big."

I am getting this error when i try to open the document.

var document = new WordDocument();
document.Open(wordFile, FormatType.Doc);//it breaks here.

What is saw is that properties are getting changed. I have attached the screen shot of both file properties. Please note that i have latest dll's. Please have a look at this and let me know your comments on this.

Properties-Mac-Windows-Word_63afc955.zip

NI Nimesh January 9, 2012 05:24 AM UTC

Any updates on this??
Please let me know your comments on this.

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team January 10, 2012 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Nimesh,

Thank you for your update.

We are able to reproduce the mentioned "Stream position is too big" in the provided template document (OfferLetterTemplate(1).doc). We have tried resaving the template document using MS Word MAC version 2008 and not able reproduce the mentioned issue with resaved document. We suspect the template document may be created using MS Word version previous to Word 97. For further reference regarding compatibility of DocIO, please refer our UG documentation form the following link.

UG Documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F12prerequisitesandcompatibility.htm

For your reference we have attached the document resaved using MS Word MAC version 2008. Please do find the resaved document from the following link.

Document link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/88841/Document-1573134128.zip

Could you please provide us with the MS Word MAC version in which the template document was created for further analysis? Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon