We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataControl DataTable binding edit mode

Hello,

I am using GridDataControl bound to a underlying DataTable.

DataTable is updated in realtime.

issue is when user is editing a cell/row. it goes out of edit mode if update comes in for another row.

what is the best practice in such scenario. How to keep grid in edit mode until user commits or cxls the edit .

3 Replies

MM Mrudang Majmudar December 8, 2011 06:36 PM UTC

here is the attached test scenarios.

add 2 rows in the DataTable.

if i am editing row 2 and update comes on row 1 row 2 comes out of edit mode.

DataTableEditTest_89d3ca1c.zip

SN Sankara Narayanan N Syncfusion Team January 6, 2012 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Mrudang ,

As we analyzed your query with observable collection with row count of 1000 and 500 updates per second. In this case, the selected cell remains in the edit mode and the scrolling performance also good.But in the case of DataTable, we are able to reproduce the issue and logged the issue. We will send you the fix for this issue on 11th January 2012.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Sankar

DJ DESSY JEAN YVES MOUSSO replied to Sankara Narayanan N April 6, 2018 02:17 AM UTC

Hi Mrudang ,

As we analyzed your query with observable collection with row count of 1000 and 500 updates per second. In this case, the selected cell remains in the edit mode and the scrolling performance also good.But in the case of DataTable, we are able to reproduce the issue and logged the issue. We will send you the fix for this issue on 11th January 2012.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Sankar

i agree

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon