We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TimeLine Chart

Hello.

I'm trying to generate a chart like the one in zipped PDF attached.

The X Axis has the different years on it (like 1990, 1991, 1992 so on) the space between two adjacent grid lines represent a time period of the year.

I was trying to find a way to implement this. I read somewhere that Syncfusion has a TimeLine Control and this is what I need to use. Is this the case? Where can I find this TimeLine Control.

Thanks.

SemiLogRateCum_9feb48ff.zip

7 Replies

BS Baskaran S Syncfusion Team December 1, 2011 06:43 AM UTC

Hi James Athyal

Thanks for your interst in Syncfusion products.

We analyzed your requirement, It is not possible to achieve your requirement using Timeline control, since It is used as a Time Navigator,TimeLineControl gets the data source as the input and return set of datasource within the selected timeline.

Instead, We can achieve your requriment using SyncChartArea, We prepared and attached a SyncChart area sample that matches your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Baskaran S

Forum_101894_dbd02d2c.zip

JA James December 5, 2011 04:44 PM UTC

I'm sorry, I think my question was a little unclear.

Completely ignore the top chart in the image I attached, I am only concerned with the bottom chart. If you look at the X-axis labels, they are EXACTLY between the X-axis grid lines. I want to be able to do this with an essential chart. I have highlighted 2 points on this graph. The point values for these are:

Pink - (2000, 100) (using left Y axis)
Black - (2000.5, 100) (using left Y axis)

Is there a quick way to do this? Or do I need to create some sort of label template.

Please reply. Thanks.

BS Baskaran S Syncfusion Team December 7, 2011 04:12 PM UTC

Hi James Athyal

Right now the expected feature is not avail in the Essential Chart. Kindly open an incident mentioning the same query that you have posted in our forum so that we can keep trac of the feature requested and will inform you once this has been implemented. Incident can be opened through Direct-Trac Developer Support System (<https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents>), were you can take advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time. Hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Regards,
Baskaran S

JA James December 8, 2011 07:41 PM UTC

I have filed a Direct Trac Incident, but I am also hoping for a quick work around.

I realize that this requirement can be achieved if all the labels could be shifted to the right by the length of half the interval. (Also I would need to hide the last label, this was achieved by setting the VisibleLabels collection of the primary axis).

Do you know of any way to shift the labels to the right, so that they end up exactly in the middle of the interval (as depicted in the attached image, bottom chart)?

Thanks.

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team December 9, 2011 09:14 AM UTC

Hi James Athyal,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As you have mentioned, the chart labels can be positioned in the middle of interval by setting the LabelTemplate of the series. Please refer to the attached sample and let us know if you require any further clarificaions.

Regards,
Pauline Bosco

CentralisedAxisLabelDemo_309e4d2c.zip

JA James January 6, 2012 09:20 PM UTC

Thanks for the idea.

This is a good solution but only if we know the rendered length of the interval. In the attached sample you have set a margin of 65 to the left of each label. It happens to work for the sample because the intervals length is about 130.
In the sample if you were to readjust the size of the chart, you will find that the labels are no longer in the center at all (Try making it as wide as possible)

If you have any other solutions, please let me know.

Thanks.

James

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team January 12, 2012 07:11 PM UTC

Hi James,

We would like to inform you that currently there has been no direct way to achieve this requirement. However,we have considered this as a feature request, for positioning the axis labels in desired position.Please keeop checking our website for further details of availability of this feature.

Regards,
Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon