We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrading projet from 1.6.1.8 to 2.0.1.1

Hi, I have quite big visual studio projets, made with the 1.6 grid version. We purchased the 2.0 version, installed it, but all our resource objects in visual studio became unreadable. So we''re not able to graphically edit our forms any more. We have a lot or forms using highly configured grids, and we cannot replace all the grid components one by one. Is there a mean to solve this problem ? Thank you.

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 10:15 AM UTC

There is a tool in this KB article that should convert your resx files to the newer version. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370

CC Cyrille Claustre January 26, 2004 10:42 AM UTC

Thanks for this tool, it seems to convert my resX files... But I still can''t open the forms with the designer : I get an error message telling me that I have no licence !!!! I do have the licence for all the Essential suite 2.0. What''s the matter ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 10:50 AM UTC

In the solution explorer window, youc an right-click the licx files and just delete them (need to ShowAllFiles first). The licx file will be regenerated as needed. Here is a KB reference. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=568

CC Cyrille Claustre January 26, 2004 11:02 AM UTC

I''m sorry for this inconvenience, but I have deleted my licenses.licx file, and the new generated one is... empty ! Zero byte length. So the message still appears...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 11:05 AM UTC

Did you remove the Licx file by right clicking it in the Solution Explorer window from within VisStu? You cannot just delete it using Windows Explorer. It must be removed from the project.

CC Cyrille Claustre January 26, 2004 11:24 AM UTC

Yes, I did remove it from Visual Studio. I just redid the action, still the same result.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 12:10 PM UTC

I haven''t seen this problem before. Are you using other 3rd party controls that might require the present of a licx file? The licx file is a simple text file that has a version number in it. I think you can just directly edit this file as far as Syncfusion controls go, and just update the version number. You should check your GAC (the Windows\assembly) to make sure the proper versions of Syncfusion DLLs are in there. You might also remove the references to the Syncfusion DLL''s in your project, and re-add them to make sure they are the proper ones. I will forward this thread to our installation engineer to see if he has any different thoughts on why you might get this particular licx problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 03:32 PM UTC

Clay, I had the same problem, after removing the entries from the license.lix file, the form designer does not work. Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 07:42 PM UTC

Instead of removing the Syncfusion entries, did you try changing the version numbers in those entries. If the file is not present, it should be regenerated. But if it is present, the proper version information needs to be in it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon