We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SQL Database Connection to OLAP Client

I have used this code to connect my SQL Server database to the OLAP client:

Dim rootWebConfig As System.Configuration.Configuration
rootWebConfig = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration("/MyWebSiteRoot")
Dim connstring As System.Configuration.ConnectionStringSettings
connstring = rootWebConfig.ConnectionStrings.ConnectionStrings("financasOLAP")
Dim olapDataManager As OlapDataManager = New OlapDataManager(connstring.ToString)

Me.OlapClient1.OlapDataManager = olapDataManager

Me.OlapClient1.DataBind()

The connection string retrieved is this:

But I am getting this error when I run the program:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The value 'True' is not supported for the connection string property 'Integrated Security'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value 'True' is not supported for the connection string property 'Integrated Security'.

Source Error:

Line 31: Me.OlapClient1.OlapDataManager = olapDataManager
Line 32:
Line 33: Me.OlapClient1.DataBind()
Line 34: End Sub
Line 35:

Source File: C:\Users\Fernando\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Financas\Financas\cubo.aspx.vb Line: 33

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The value 'True' is not supported for the connection string property 'Integrated Security'.]
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.CheckAndSetIntegratedSecurity(String key, String value) +237
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.HandleKeyValueDuringConnectionStringParsing(String key, String value) +280
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.ParseStringKeyValue(String stringToParse, KeyValueCallback keyValueHandler) +450
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.SetConnectionString(String cs) +2591
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo..ctor(String connectionString) +115
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.set_ConnectionString(String value) +59
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +107
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +45
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.Connect() +85

[DataProviderException: Unable to open the connection]
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.Connect() +219
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.CheckConnectionState() +86
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.get_GetCubes() +49
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.CubeSelector.BindCubes() +138
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.OlapClient.DataBind() +63
Financas.cubo.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Fernando\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Financas\Financas\cubo.aspx.vb:33
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Any hints?

3 Replies

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team November 24, 2011 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Adomd.Net don't have support for "Integrated Security=true". Please check the below link for possible values for this property.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.analysisservices.adomdclient.adomdconnection.connectionstring.aspx#alert_note

Let me know if have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath

FL Fernando Linhares December 11, 2011 11:19 PM UTC

I have evolved to this connection string with these results:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The integrated security 'Basic' is not supported for native connections.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The integrated security 'Basic' is not supported for native connections.

Source Error:

Line 24:
Line 25: Me.OlapClient1.OlapDataManager = olapDataManager
Line 26: Me.OlapClient1.DataBind()
Line 27: End Sub
Line 28:

Source File: C:\Users\Fernando\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Mistral\Mistral\membros\teste_OLAP.aspx.vb Line: 26

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The integrated security 'Basic' is not supported for native connections.]
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.SetConnectionString(String cs) +2591
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo..ctor(String connectionString) +115
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.set_ConnectionString(String value) +59
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +107
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +45
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.Connect() +85

[DataProviderException: Unable to open the connection]
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.Connect() +219
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.CheckConnectionState() +86
Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.get_GetCubes() +49
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.CubeSelector.BindCubes() +139
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.OlapClient.DataBind() +63
Mistral.teste_OLAP.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Fernando\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Mistral\Mistral\membros\teste_OLAP.aspx.vb:26
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

MA Maheswari Syncfusion Team December 12, 2011 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

It seems you have submitted an incident in Direct Trac posting similar query. We have posted our response there. Please followup with that for any related queries.

Thanks,
R.Maheswari.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon