We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting point interior from xml binding

Hi,
I am drawing FastScatter series from data in an XML file (incident 85597). For one of the series I need to draw some of the points with a different interior using color data which is also in the XML file. From reading the forum, FAQ etc the best/only way seems to be to override FastScatterPresenter.OnRender and manually draw the series. My problem is accessing the co-ordinate and color data in the xml file from within the overridden OnRender method. When OnRender is called the Points collection is null. How do I access the points collection populated from the xml file? I would rather not have the overhead of populating a points collection in the OnRender method every time it is called.

Many Thanks
Dai Francis

7 Replies

DF Dai Francis October 31, 2011 11:16 AM UTC

Hi again,
I have succeeded in getting my XML based points into the points structure available in the OnRender function as shown in your sample, FastScatterCharts1288413969.zip, so can now change the point colour, size etc.

I now need to draw different groups of points in my FastScatter Series different colours. The colour data for each point is stored in the XML file with the point data. Is there a way to access this colour information through the XML from within the OnRender function?

Many Thanks
Dai Francis

DF Dai Francis October 31, 2011 11:19 AM UTC

Hi again,
I have succeeded in getting my XML based points into the points structure available in the OnRender function as shown in your sample, FastScatterCharts1288413969.zip, so can now change the point colour, size etc.

I now need to draw different groups of points in my FastScatter Series different colours. The colour data for each point is stored in the XML file with the point data. Is there a way to access this colour information through the XML from within the OnRender function?

Many Thanks
Dai Francis

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team November 17, 2011 05:07 PM UTC

Hi DaiFrancais,

We have prepared a custom sample based on the scenario reported to apply differrent colors to each point in a scatter chart.Kindly download the sample from the following link

CustomChartXMLSample116720510.zip

Regards,
Ganesan

DF Dai Francis November 22, 2011 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Ganesan,
Thanks for your help, I am now able to colour the individual points of my Fast Scatter Chart, my code is attached.

I also have to draw a Column Chart with each column a different colour (FastColumnPresenter ?). I have tried overriding the OnRender function as before but this doesn't seem to work in quite the same way as for the Fast Scatter Chart. Do I need to do something different?

Thanks
Dai

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team November 24, 2011 05:45 PM UTC

Hi DaiFrancis,

We would like to infrom you that currently we have been working on this requested feature of "Applying different colors to each segment in column chart" and it will be implemented and included in our upcoming Vol1 2012 release,which will be available in the month of January 2012.

Regards,
Ganesan

DF Dai Francis November 28, 2011 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Ganesan,
Thanks for your help.
Dai

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team November 30, 2011 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Dai,

Thanks for the update. Please keep check our website continously to get updates of our Volume release informations.

Regards,
Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon