We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

BeginGroup/EndGroup vs. TableStart/TableEnd

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

101376 Oct 21,2011 02:55 AM UTC Oct 21,2011 01:13 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: DocIO
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On October 21, 2011 02:55 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm wondering about the difference between the BeginGroup-EndGroup tag and the TableStart-TableEnd tag. It seems like I can use them interchangeably and has the same effect when used with the MailMerge.ExecuteGroup. I tried to look for the resource that has the explanation on their usage but I couldn't find it. Also, I'm looking for a listing of all the available merge field tags that I can use, e.g., BeginGroup:, TableStart:, Image:, etc. One of the things I hope to find is a tag that will make a MergeField a hyperlink text as it will contain a URL.

Thanks.

Lakshmi Devi S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 21, 2011 01:13 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Nested mail merge for a table works when the group start and end is StartTable and EndTable respectively.
For example, this can be used in a scenario when for every record of the datatable/dataset, a new row is inserted to the table.

Nested mail merge for a region works when the group start and end is BeginGroup and EndGroup respectively.
For example, this can be used in a scenario when for every record of the datatable/dataset, a new section is created and merged in the document.

Please refer the online documentation link for nested mail merge given below:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/Reporting/DocIO/Windows%20Forms/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F461nestedmailmerge.htm

Please find the online sample for nested mail merge below:
http://asp.syncfusion.com/sfaspnetsamplebrowser/9.3.0.61/Web/DocIO.Web/Samples/4.0/Mail%20Merge/NestedMailMerge/CS/NestedMailMerge.aspx

Below is the list of available merge field tags that can be used while performing Mail Merge using DocIO.

• TableStart (Eg. “TableStart:Employees”)
• TableEnd (Eg. “TableEnd:Employees”)
• BeginGroup (Eg. “BeginGroup:Employees”)
• EndGroup (Eg. “EndGroup:Employees”)
• Image (Eg. “Image:Photo”)

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Lakshmi Devi S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;