We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Client side validation in partial view not working

I have a master- child grid scenario. When I select an row in a master grid I will do an ajax post to fetch the child grid which is partial view.

Every thing works fine but while doing inline editing in the grid, client validation are not working(In the model I have verified there are data annottaions).

I can see the client side validation working perfectly while editing the master grid.

5 Replies

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team October 20, 2011 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Balu,

Thanks for using Syncfusion prouducts.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample, video demonstrating the working of the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following links.

Video link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=video-1768936757.zip

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Sample-836040425.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar

JA Jawed June 20, 2012 10:52 AM UTC

I am facing same problem ..please see the my test application and help me .
Thanks.

ElectrumApplication_5228c8f9.zip

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team June 21, 2012 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Jawed,    

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your sample. We suggest you to set  value  of ‘UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled’ as false in web.config. Please refer to the code snippet below to achieve this.

[Web.config]

<appSettings>

<add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="false" /

</appSettings>

We suggest you to add the below script files in your layout.cshtml  if you set UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled’ as true.

<script src='@Url.Content('~/Scripts/jquery.unobtrusive-ajax.min.js')' type='text/javascript'></script>

<script src='@Url.Content('~/Scripts/jquery.validate.js')' type='text/javascript'></script>

<script src='@Url.Content('~/Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js')' type='text/javascript'></script>

Please refer to the below link to download the modified sample application.

ElectrumApplication.zip

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar.

JA Jawed June 26, 2012 09:56 AM UTC

Thanks a lot Ranjith kumar.
Now its working fine.

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team June 27, 2012 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Jawed,

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other queries/concerns.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon