We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mvvm on manual layout wpf diagram

I would like to implement mvvm(model view view-model) on manual layeout diagram.
If I have a class called "NodeContent" which has image ,label ,offsetX and OffsetY and I hold a list of "NodeContent" in observableCollection that I want to bind to the diagram as a list of nodes(and also bind the location of each node offsetx and offsetY according to the observableCollection which hold my class "NodeContent" , how can I bind it to the diagram? ( each node has a datatemplate of an image and a label).

I would like to create a diagram of nodes , but not automatic layout ( I already examined the tree layeout object data binding examples ,but it does not work for manual layout,because it has hierarchyDataTemplate which not match the manual layout diagram).

I also want to create connections between nodes , also in mvvm model. is it possible ?

1 Reply

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team October 19, 2011 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Yana,

With regards to Manual Layout in Essential Diagram, currently we have support to specifying only the Collection of Nodes in ItemSource property but not for LineConnectors. When a Hierarchical data with HierarchicalDataTemplate is used, a Parent node will be connected to its children using LineConnector, which is presented in Business Object Databinding sample. We have considered your requirement as a feature request and We will implement this in any of our future releases.

If you would like us to notify about the feature implementation then, you may create a Direct-Trac using our Direct-Trac Support system.

Here is the link, please login into http://www.syncfusion.com/Account/ and we will be happy to help you.
Please let us know if you have any further concerns

Regards,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon