We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Word Document is ambiguous in the name space of Syncfusion

I using the DocIO example Table of Contents: I created a new asp/net page copied the aspx and code behind but I get the following error "Word Document is ambiguous in the name space of Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS".

I have the following imports on the page:
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports System
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Configuration
Imports System.Web
Imports System.Web.Security
Imports System.Web.UI
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts
Imports System.Web.UI.HtmlControls
Imports Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS
Imports Syncfusion.DocIO
Imports System.Drawing
Imports System.ComponentModel

But there must be a conflict with them somewhere or the dll is not installed. Any ideas what I can check?

Thanks,
Rob

3 Replies

LD Lakshmi Devi S Syncfusion Team October 13, 2011 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The ambiguity error occurs if a type has more than one definition, probably with each contained in a different assembly. If two assemblies have an identical type definition, then CLR will consider them as two separate types simply because they come from different assemblies. You may have mistakenly included both the assemblies Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll and Syncfusion.DocIO.Web.dll in your application which causes the ambiguity error on accessing WordDocument class.

The following assemblies need to be referenced in your application for the usage of Essential DocIO.

DocIO (Full-Trust)
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll

DocIO (Partial-Trust) - ASP.NET
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Web.dll

Please refer the below User Guide link for more information regarding assemblies reference in your application:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/Reporting/DocIO/Windows%20Forms/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F231dlls.htm

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Lakshmi Devi S

RO rob October 13, 2011 01:30 PM UTC

Great, I got it to work. I was using an asp.net Website and changed it to a asp.net web application where I could see the reference folder and added the base dll.

Thanks,
Rob

LD Lakshmi Devi S Syncfusion Team October 14, 2011 03:47 AM UTC

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you face any other issues.

Regards,
Lakshmi Devi S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon