We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dragging and dropping from a listbox to a tree view

Is it possible to drag and drop an object from a listbox to a tree view? I've looked through the samples and can't find anything indicating how to do this.

I have an application with docked windows and I'm trying to drag from a toolbox-type window (as a listbox) onto a treeview in another window that has a TreeViewAdv control in it.

With your support team's assistance, I got dragging and dropping from a listbox to a diagram view to work, but when I drag from a listbox onto a treeview, none of the treeview events fire and I get the cancel cursor icon, but when I right click on the treeview, the context menu pops up and seems to work fine. My treeview code started out from your TreeViewAdvDemo code in your examples.

Let me know if you need additional info to help.

2 Replies

MD Michael Day October 12, 2011 03:49 PM UTC

I might add that we're developing our application in C#.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team October 21, 2011 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We have provided a solution in the incident #85136 to, drag and drop items from Listbox to Diagram, by sending an instance of ‘Syncfusion.Windows.Diagram.DragObject’, as Data. The same Data will not be supported for dropping in TreeViewAdv, also this Type will not be known to TreeViewAdv.

Could you please send us a simple sample to represent your requirement, so that we will provide necessary solution.

Regards,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon