We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MailMerge NestedGroup question

Hi,

I'd like to merge some data using MailMerge feature and ExecuteNestedGroup method with dataset. The dataset has some tables with relationships like this:

DataSet:
Table1
Id1
Some_Values
Table2
Id2
Id1
Some_Values
Table3
Id3
Id1
Some_Values
Table4
Id4
Id1
Some_Values
Table5
Id5
Id4
Some_Values

The requirement is to fill all data in the right areas. E.g. all data from Table1. And all data from Table3, where Id1 is present. And all data from Table5 if data from Table4 with Id1 and Id4 in Table5 is present. How can I achievethis?

6 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team October 4, 2011 08:28 AM UTC

Hi Adi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

For your requirement of performing nested mail merge, please refer our online documentation and sample link from the below locations. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Online documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/Documents/461nestedmailmerge.htm

Online sample link:
http://asp.syncfusion.com/sfaspnetsamplebrowser/9.3.0.61/Web/DocIO.Web/Samples/4.0/Mail%20Merge/NestedMailMerge/CS/NestedMailMerge.aspx

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

AH Andreas Hirtzel October 5, 2011 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Poornima,

this sample shows only database based code. I don't have a database, only a in memory dataset. The select statements doesn't work. I've tried "SELECT * FROM Table3 WHERE Table3.Id1 = %Table1.Id1%"

Regards
Adi

AH Andreas Hirtzel October 7, 2011 12:30 PM UTC

I've tried some things to get it work. But it doesn't. I've registered an event handler to catch the MergeField event. This event is fired for the first table in my dataset (query is: DictionaryEntry entry = new DictionaryEntry("Table1", String.Empty);) The data were filled in the corresponding fields. But there are some other groups in my document template. These were not be filled. The event for these groups is not fired. What's the reason?

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team October 10, 2011 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Adi,

Thank you for your update.

Please provide us with the following details for further investigating on the mentioned issue.

1) Input word document
2) Code snippet. If possible provide us with the sample application you are using.
3) Expected output document and the current output document.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

AH Andreas Hirtzel October 11, 2011 10:24 AM UTC

Hello Poornima,

I have created an incident ticket (#85972). Please take a look at this.

Regards

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team October 12, 2011 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Adi,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon