We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Conditional formatting ICustomTypeDescriptor

I have rows which implement ICustomType Descriptor

grid binds to data and displays the data
however if i use Conditional formatting for double values using LessThan operator i get below error .

The binary operator LessThan is not defined for the types 'System.Object' and 'System.Object'.

4 Replies

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team October 10, 2011 06:31 PM UTC

Hi Mrudang,

Thanks for your patience.

Could you please let us know what you are trying to acheive using ICustomTypeDescriptor. Also if possible, could you please provide the sample to reproduce this issue. This will help us to resolve the issue more quickly.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

MC Michael Culley October 10, 2011 10:52 PM UTC

Being this is the WPF world wouldn't you just use DataTemplates for conditional formatting?

MM Mrudang Majmudar October 13, 2011 01:30 PM UTC

Basically i have a row object implementing ICustomTypeDescriptor

returning PropertyDescriptorCollection to create for columns.

I need to do this for custom display of data

using Conditional format i can dynamically add conditions to VisibleColumn .

PropertyDescriptor returns correct type of the property i.e if column is double it returns double.

it i.e. Conditional formatting work fine if it is a generic collection i.e ObservableCollection

SN Sankara Narayanan N Syncfusion Team March 5, 2012 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Mrudang,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Since this forum has been created as an incident and the issue reported here was logged as defect in that incident, please followup the Incident I91317.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Sankar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon