We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ClientSideOnAppointmentClick not firing

I am wrapping the schedule control in my own wrapper to add some additional server side functionality. That being said I am trying to use the ClientSideOnAppointmentClick property. I have set it like the following:

this.ClientSideOnAppointmentClick = "wfPromptCalendarOnAppointmentClick('" + m_prompt.Name + "', this)";

When I debug I can see the javascript file that contains this client side method definition exists, but when i click on an appointment, the client side event is not firing. I tried putting a breakpoint in the first line of my javascript my method but it never gets hit even though i have provided a value for ClientSideOnAppointmentClick.

5 Replies

MB Michael Bell September 26, 2011 09:44 PM UTC

To add to this please note that I am assigning this in the construtor of my control:

public class PromptTaskCalendar : Schedule, IPromptControl
{
public PromptTaskCalendar(Prompt oPrompt, IOExtensionCollection oPromptExtensionCollection)
{
m_prompt = oPrompt;
m_promptExtensionCollection = oPromptExtensionCollection;
this.ScheduleType = ScheduleViewType.WorkWeek;
this.HiddenDays = Holidays.Weekend;
this.AutoFormat = "Office2007Silver";

this.DayStartHour = 7;
this.DayEndHour = 19;
this.StartWorkHour = 7;
this.EndWorkHour = 19;

this.ShowContextMenu = false;
this.ShowWeekStripItem = false;
this.ViewStrip = true;
this.EnableViewState = true;
this.AllowAddingAppointByCallBack = false;
this.AllowAppointmentResize = false;
this.AllowAppointmentDrag = false;
this.ClientSideOnAllDayAppointmentClick = "wfPromptCalendarOnAppointmentClick('" + m_prompt.Name + "', this)";
this.ClientSideOnAppointmentClick = "wfPromptCalendarOnAppointmentClick('" + m_prompt.Name + "', this)";
this.AllowInline = false;
}
}

MB Michael Bell September 26, 2011 09:56 PM UTC

Setting this seemed to resolve the issue:

this.EnableCallbacks = false;

SN Sridhar N Syncfusion Team September 27, 2011 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We are happy to hear that your issue is resolved.

Please get back us if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Sridhar N

MB Michael Bell September 27, 2011 03:29 PM UTC

Well its sort of solved. Im getting a warning sating that EnableCallbacks is depricated. Basically I want to be able to make an ajax call for the onclick of an appointment. Should i be using some other method to do this? adding an update panel seems like overkill for something that can simply be done via jquery.

YO Yogeshwaran Syncfusion Team October 4, 2011 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since we have depreciated the internal callbacks in our control we strongly recommend you to use update panel for partially post backs in your page.

please let us know if you have any concerns.

regards,
Yogesh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon