We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Help file completely lacking

I've just downloaded the 500MB help file to find that it is largely auto generated and contains no information behond the bleeding obvious. For example, a few properties chosen completely at random

FirstDayOfWeek
Identifies the FirstDayOfWeek dependency property.

AllowDelete
Gets or sets a value indicating whether [allow delete].

AllowEdit
Gets or sets a value indicating whether [allow edit].

Does anyone else find this to be a bit of a concern?

5 Replies

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team September 21, 2011 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently we are updating our documentations, Also it will contain all the major things that are needed by our customers in our upcoming Volume releases.

Thanks,
Ganesan

MD Michael Day September 23, 2011 07:45 PM UTC

I have to agree with Michael. Real life examples would DEFINITELY be a plus, while you're at it.

MC Michael Culley September 25, 2011 11:44 PM UTC

"I have to agree with Michael. Real life examples would DEFINITELY be a plus, while you're at it."

They do have quite a lot of sample which should get installed on your machine by default. These are definately helpful but if they don't contain the functionality you need then you're pretty much left in the dark.

MC Michael Culley September 26, 2011 12:09 AM UTC

"Currently we are updating our documentations, Also it will contain all the major things that are needed by our customers in our upcoming Volume releases."

Hi Ganesan, what sort of timeframe is it for that release? Will this include documentation for all properties that are defined by syncfusion? Currently I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed with using the grid when it has no help file.

As an axample, I am currently trying to work out how to show a right click menu for the grid. The samples show how to show a contenxt menu but it is a built in context menu of some sort. The help file doesn't explain anything about doing a hittest.

GA Ganesan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2011 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We are curenly updating our documentations and this will be given high priority in our upcoming releases.

Thanks,
Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon