We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential GridControl WPF - cell text wrap

Hi
I am using the GridDataControl for WPF. it's a basic grid having a few columns. How can i wrap the text in teh cell? I have tried all the options i could fine but in vain.

I am using somethign like

Please suggest.

Thanks

4 Replies

NJ Namita Jain September 15, 2011 01:52 PM UTC

Any updates?
Can you point me to the GridDataControl for WPF documentation defining the various properties defined on controls?

Thanks
-Namita

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team September 16, 2011 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Namita,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

We have analyzed on your requirements and this can be acheived by using the following codes.

Code snippet [XAML]

//The below code helps us to see the text wrapping in the cell
Code snippet [C#]:

this.grid.Loaded += new RoutedEventHandler(grid_Loaded);

void grid_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
// Resizing the row size to show text in mutiple lines.
this.grid.Model.ResizeRowsToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table(), GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize);
}

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=CS1762698222.zip

Please let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

NJ Namita Jain September 19, 2011 06:28 PM UTC

Thanks, your sample works.
But guess the property on the Grid is not intuitive. What does the TextWrapping property do in the xaml file then?

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team September 20, 2011 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Namita,

Thanks for your update.

The TextWrapping property wraps the complete text to the cell. To see the visual effects of the TextWrapping we have to use the method called ResizeRowsToFit. We have updated video snap shot regarding this. Please have a look on this and let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

F100943_b033bddf.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon