We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Please help: DropDownGrid datasource

Hi there, I am in need of an answer: I have a DataBoundGrid with a column that is of style "DropDownGrid". When I click on the arrow a new grid appears that looks exactly like the parent grid. what I need is a way to change the datasource/data of the new child grid without it having anny effect on the parent grid. Please help. Regards Alre

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 22, 2004 09:36 AM UTC

Take a look at the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropdownGrid sample. It drops different GridControls, but you can use the same celltype to drop GridDataBoundGrids if you like.

AT Alre Thomas January 22, 2004 10:31 AM UTC

Not what I was looking for... to completely overide syncfusion classes was exactly what I was trying to avoid. There must have been some logic behind creating a "dropdowngrid" style in the first place, I refuse to believe that they created that functionality without thinking that somebody want to change the data on it! Anybody, please help...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 22, 2004 12:31 PM UTC

Actually that is the case. The DropDownGrid cell type uses the GridDropDownGridCellModel/GridDropDownGridCellRenderer classes which are the base classes in for the celltpye in the sample I referred you to. These classes are harded coded to just reproduce the same grid, and were intended are base classes for derived cells that could be modified to display any type of grid. To get things to work, you would need to override the CreateInnerControl method in the renderer and return the grid you want to embedded. To get the celltype you want, you would have to derive these classes and do the work. Or, you can copy and paste the code from that sample to your project. We can make this a feature request to move the sample code (or something equivalent) into our library.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon