We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Question about posting hidden cells

If my data model has 25 fields, but I only want to display 3 of them, I have two questions:

1. In the grid control view page, just add the 3 columns that I want to display or do I have to set the other 22 as hidden?

2. In either case, when I post back any changes, are all of the fields in the model returned or just the 3 in the grid?

Thanks again.

1 Reply

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team September 14, 2011 12:38 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query#1:"In the grid control view page, just add the 3 columns that I want to display or do I have to set the other 22 as hidden?" :

We would like to tell you that adding 3 columns in View page is just enough to display the 3 columns of Grid.

Query #2:"In either case, when I post back any changes, are all of the fields in the model returned or just the 3 in the grid?"

We would like to tell you that if you have added 3 columns in View, then the 3 columns alone gets post for any action of grid. If you have added 25 columns and hide 22 columns , then all the 25 columns gets post for any action of Grid.

Please let me know if you have any queries or concern.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon