We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Prevent filtercondition from being reapplied to grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

100750 Sep 1,2011 07:40 PM UTC Sep 3,2011 03:11 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: Grouping
Nikesh Dalpatram
Asked On September 1, 2011 07:40 PM UTC

I have a grid grouping grid with a complex record filter applied to its table descriptor. I have a method that does thru the data table the grid is bound to and updates every row in the table. I believe the record filter is being reevaluated when the underlying data table is being modified. Is there any way to prevent the record filter from being reevaluated when the data in the underlying data table is modified? The columns I'm changing are not part of the filter.

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 3, 2011 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Nikesh,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

you can acheive your desired using RecordFilters_Changing event.The following code explain the same.

Private Sub RecordFilters_Changing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventArgs)
If e.Action = Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Add Then
Dim rd As RecordFilterDescriptor = TryCast(e.Item, RecordFilterDescriptor)
Dim a() As String = rd.Name.Split("["c,"]"c)
For j As Integer = 0 To a.Length - 1
If gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.Contains(a(j)) Then
If Not ht.Contains(a(j)) Then
ht.Add(a(j), a(j))
End If
End If
Next j
End If
End Sub

Let me know if you have any furthere concern.

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;