We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Visual Studio Tools for Office and Syncfusion??

Is it possible to use Syncfusion with Visual Studio Tools for Office?

For example, I want to create an Excel Add In thanks to VSTO and I want to use Syncfusion XlsIO classes and methods to populate a worksheet and to access cells.

Thanks for answering.

6 Replies

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team July 22, 2011 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Nakata,

Thank you very much for using syncfusion products.

Yes it is possible to create add-ins using Syncfusion XlsIO. The following code snippet explains you how to create the add-ins using our XlsIO.

Code Snippet (c#):

IAddInFunctions functions = workbook.AddInFunctions;
functions.Add(@"C:\Documents and Settings\ Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\Discounts.xla", "discount"); sheet.Range["A3"].Formula = "discount(A1,A2)";

I have also attached the sample tested at our side along with this update. Please try this at your side and let us know whether this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any clarifications.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

Sample_c1bc63b9.zip

NA nakata July 22, 2011 02:28 PM UTC

Thanks for replying so fast, Il'll try .

NA nakata July 22, 2011 02:55 PM UTC

Sorry but I think that you didn't understand my requirement. In fact, I have used VSTO to create an Add in with a Ribbon, Winform etc.. But I want to use Syncfusion classes to access cells cause it's easier to manipulate cells and formula.

So the real question is :

"From a ribbon, buttons created with VSTO, can I use Syncfusion method to access cells"

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team July 27, 2011 04:14 AM UTC

Hi Nakata,

Thank you very much for your patience.

Vsto is specially created for interop library. From the button created using vsto it is not possible to access the cells with syncfusion classes and methods.

Please let us know if you have an clarifications.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

NA nakata July 27, 2011 02:57 PM UTC

Thanks Jawahar for replying.

JJ Jawahar Jeevanandan J Syncfusion Team July 28, 2011 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Nakata,

Thank you very much for your update. Hope the response provided in the previous update was very useful.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon