We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

case insensitive match filter

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

100174 Jul 11,2011 09:58 AM UTC Jul 18,2011 06:50 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: Grouping
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On July 11, 2011 09:58 AM UTC

Hi,

I would like to filter a grid with a case insensitive match filter. By default, match is case sensitive (tested in the samples). How do I change this behaviour?

Also, is it possible to hook into the filtering mecanism so that if a user writes "hello world", it will filter on LIKE "*Hello*World*"?

Thanks in advance,

Julien

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 13, 2011 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As we are giving support for only syncfusion related queries, please ensure that you are using syncfusion products.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 14, 2011 07:02 AM UTC

Right... Let's make the non obvious obvious then...

1) I'm using a grid grouping control (I'm in the "Grouping-windows" forum, aren't I? I'm also a registered customer of Essential Studio Enterprise Edition if you look at my profile)
2) I add a dynamic filter bar to the grid grouping control
3) I add a RecordFilter with the operator "match" and some value to filter the grid => it's case SENSITIVE
4) The same behaviour is present in your very own samples

My first question is: how do I make it case INsensitive?

My second question is: how can I hook into the filter mecanism so that if a user selects the LIKE operator and types "Hello World" in the filter cell, the applied Record filter will be LIKE "*Hello*World*" instead.

Thanks

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 18, 2011 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

We regret for the delay.

By default, we doesn’t have support for this concern. In data injection, Text between /* and */ is not evaluated by the server. I hope the below link will help you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms161953.aspx

Appreciate for the patients.

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;